Tuesday 11 November 2014

My first post and my first workshop

Hello there,

Welcome and thank you for taking time to drop by my blog. I guess as this is my first post I should tell you a little bit about myself.  I am Jill, 50 something,  married to Geoff and live in Chertsey, Surrey. I have three children: Jess (21), Joe (19) and Annie (17) and I work part-time as an advisory teacher, helping classroom teachers meet the needs of children with special needs. 

In my spare time, I have been making handmade cards for over 21 years - I started when on maternity leave with my oldest daughter.  I have dabbled in all sorts of craft techniques when making my cards - silk painting, cross stitch etc but about 5 years ago settled on quilling (paper filigree) and have built up a small online business selling these online. A couple of years ago I came across Stampin' Up and bought a few of their products, mostly through a "virtual hostess" Stampers 10 club. I have toyed with the idea of becoming a demonstrator for a while and finally took the plunge a few weeks ago. Since then I've spent some time making up some samples and getting organised. 

This week is very exciting as I will be running my first workshop - just a few friends of my sister, most of whom are brand new to crafting. I'm not really sure what to expect as I've never been to a workshop as a customer, yet about a demo. But I'm all prepared and looking forward to it. 

These are the cards I will be demo-ing and then the ladies can have a go at making some for themselves. They all use the lovely "Endless Wishes" Christmas set - I love those snowflakes and the greetings are so useful in all sorts of combinations.





Wish me luck! I'll be back soon to let you know how it went.

Jill

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards, and good luck with your first workshop!
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete